Monday, June 14, 2010

I decided to search for some passion in my life


Sometimes I ask myself why I'm such a bum.

I don't play sports.
I don't watch sports on tv.
I don't play an instrument.
I don't draw.
I don't cook.
I don't really exercise.
I have no passions.

I've never been able to understand why I've no real interest in being interested in any one particular thing.

I have so many friends that are crazy about: a particular sports, play some instrument, want to sing, want to go out hiking, blah blah.

I tried riding bikes, all because of a guy of course, and that never went anywhere. He got me a bike, for free, yay! But I rode it one time, because he came over, and that was it. I've moved a few times and keep carrying the damn bike with me but just can't seem to get my butt on it. I've told myself to do it several times, but then I couldn't pump air into the wheels. The thing must be busted! Either way, I'm scared to ride it. I don't think I can ride a bike anyway.

I tried playing volleyball in junior HS, then I graduated and that ended. Not to mention I wasn't crazy about it because my boobs are too big and all the jumping and running hurts me. Yes, even with 2 sports bras on. Some of us just aren't lucky enough to have little buds attached to our chests. Yes, I do consider that lucky. It'd certainly help me look less big in my suits.

So, I'm still looking for a passion. I think that'd help me. A passion, that isn't my dog. People think that's weird. So, something that gets me out of the house and socializes me, like I should do for my dog. A passion that gets me talking to people, maybe guys? I guess that makes me feel like I'm desperately looking for situations to meet guys. But isn't that what most 30 something single women are suppose to do? Yeah, that's a hell of another topic, and super loaded.

The funny thing is that I - love - people that are super into stuff. I guess I just envy them. They seem to intense about whatever they're into.

I'm still searching for some passion, something I like for no other reason than it makes me happy. I keep signing up for stuff, and never do anything, there's always an excuse. I just think a passion for something would bring just a bit of happiness into my life. I'm not sure how, but I guess that's the idea in my head.

2 comments:

  1. I've often gone in search for the same. I hear people say all the time that the way to find happiness in life is to find something you love to do and figure out a way to get paid for it. The problem with that is I can't quite figure out anything I love passionately enough to do forever...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete